Dorchester Presbyterian Church’s Good Shepherd School is licensed by the SC Department of Social Services.
The Good Shepherd School is a ministry of the Dorchester Presbyterian Church. At The Good Shepherd School, we believe that each child is loved by God, that learning begins at birth, and that each child is unique with their own learning style and rate of development.
Our mission is to provide a high quality early childhood education program in a Christian environment that focuses on the whole child – spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually.
The Good Shepherd School strives to provide a high quality program in a stimulating learning environment designed to help your child grow and develop. Our caring and trained teachers use developmentally appropriate curriculum to optimize learning in a safe, Christian-based setting. Our program will include:
- Christian curriculum supported with current educationally sound practices
- Activities and materials appropriate for the child’s age and development
- Continuing education of staff
- Regular communication with parents
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Outdoor play as an essential element of child development, both physically and emotionally.
* Approved by the GSS Board on April 25, 2013. Approved by the DPC Session on May 21, 2013.