10290 Dorchester Road
Rev. Jeff Kackley, Pastor
Rev. Dorothy Blackwelder, Associate Pastor
How Do I Become a Presbyterian?
At the center of our belief as Presbyterians is the sovereignty of God,
revealed in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus.
Presbyterians believe that the Bible is the unparalleled witness to the
reconciling love of God.
Moved by God's forgiveness, each person responds in faith, repentance, and
obedience as one begins the new life in Christ.
To become a Presbyterian Christian, one --
One becomes a member of the Presbyterian Church --
- Confesses faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Promises to be a faithful disciple, obeying Christ's word and showing
- Witnesses in the community using one's unique gifts.
- Through adult baptism, affirmation of faith, reaffirmation of faith, or
by letter of transfer.
- The Dorchester Presbyterian Church Session (the governing body in the local church)
meets each month and is given the responsibility of welcoming new members
into the church community.